Christmas is way over by now but some of us, including myself still have some Panettone left. It’s a waste to just throw it away, right? Here you will find five ways of ‘recycling’ the Panettone.
1. PANETTONE SKEWERS
- panettone, 300 g of dark chocolate,
- chopped hazelnuts and / or almonds for garnish.
- Cut the panettone into small pieces.
- Make the fondue (melt the fondant in a bain-marie and add the cream, then mix to blend).
- Pour each piece into the fondue, put it on a stick.
- Once the stick has been completed (before the chocolate has hardened), garnish with the grain.
2. PANETTONE DROWNED IN COFFEE
- half espresso cup for each slice,
- chocolate flakes,
- custard (half a liter of milk, 4 egg yolks, 50 g flour, 100 sugar).
Procedure for the cream
- Mix egg yolks, sugar and flour
- Put the mixture in a pot and cook over low heat adding the milk and continuing to mix.
- When it boils, the cream is ready.
- Serve the panettone like this: put a slice in a dish, wet it with the coffee, add a tablespoon of cream and then the chocolate flakes.
3. PANETTONE CRUMBLE
- fruit to taste (apple, pear, red fruits),
- 80 g of butter,
- a spoonful of sugar.
- Blend the panettone, mix it with the chopped fruit.
- Add the melted butter and the sugar to mix.
- Put in a mold and cook a quarter of an hour at 200 degrees.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
4. PANETTONE WITH MASCARPONE CREAM
- 500 grams of mascarpone,
- 250 grams of fresh cream,
- 50 grams of powdered sugar.
- For the cream whip the cream, add mascarpone and sugar and mix.
- Crumble the panettone coarsely in a glass component the layered cake: a layer of panettone and one of cream.
- Finish at will with chocolate flakes, colored sugared almonds, cocoa powder.
5. PANETTONE TRUFFLES
- fresh cream (about 100 grams per 200 panettone),
- 300 g of dark chocolate, bitter cocoa.
- Chop the panettone with a blender.
- Add the cream (it must soften), the unpeeled orange peel to taste and knead.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate.
- Form the balls with the mixture and pass in the melted chocolate, and then in the cocoa powder.
- Allow to cool and then leave to rest in the fridge.