Ideal for not wasting ripe apples, the apple fritter is an unusual way to enjoy fruit. Soft inside but characterised by a crunchy outer breading, the apple fritters are also perfect as snacks.
Here’s how to prepare the apple fritters with the batter, if you have other fruit in the surplus you can follow the same procedure.
- 150 gr of flour
- 2 apples
- 125 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- To begin with, wash the apples, peel them, remove the core and then cut into thin slices.
- Put the slices in a bowl with sugar and lemon juice so that they become sweet and do not blacken.
- Prepare the batter by mixing well the flour, milk, egg, and salt to obtain a smooth, homogeneous and without lumps.
- Pour the oil into a large pan and light the fire.
- Pour the apples into the batter and fry until the batter is swollen and brown on both sides.
- Mix cinnamon and icing sugar and sprinkle everything on the apple pancakes just removed from the heat.
- Serve hot.