Apple has recently released iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 , the third major update of the iOS and iPadOS operating systems. The new software updates arrive two weeks after the release of iOS / iPadOS 13.2.3 and more than a month after the launch of iOS 13.2.
The new update introduces parental controls in ” Time of use” , which allow parents to control the children with whom they can communicate, even if this feature currently only covers FaceTime, Phone, Messages and iCloud Contacts. Calls to emergency numbers are always allowed and, when done, they will deactivate the communication limits for 24 hours to ensure that children are safe. Now it is also possible to manage the contacts that are shown on the child’s device, thanks to the contact list.
The iOS 13.3 and eiPadOS 13.3 updates also offer support for NFC-compliant security keys, USB and Lightning FIDO2 in Safari. This means that physical security keys like YubiKey equipped with Lightning can be used for more secure two-factor authentication instead of a software-based two-factor authentication option.
In the Keyboards section of the Settings app , there is a new switch that prevents the Animoji and Memoji stickers from being displayed as an option on the Emoji keyboard for those who prefer not to see the Animoji and Memoji sticker options. Also, when editing a video, a new feature is available that lets you save the edited version as a new clip, instead of replacing the original. Apple has also modified the Apple Watch app icon, changing the color of the digital crown from black to gray. In the Borsa app, you can now continue reading thanks to links to related articles or other articles from the same publication. Again, iOS 13.3 corrects the problem with apps in the background and poor RAM management, which closed the apps much more often than in the past.
The update also offers errors and improvements:
- Fixed some problems that could prevent the downloading of new messages in the Mail app.
- Fixed an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts.
- Fixed some problems that could cause the display of incorrect characters in messages and the duplication of messages sent in Exchange accounts.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the cursor from moving after the long press of the space bar.
- Fixed an issue where screen snapshots sent via the Messages app could be blurry.
- Fixed an issue where screen snapshots were not saved to the Photos app after cropping or editing.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent sharing Voice Memo recordings with other audio apps.
- Fixed an issue where the badge with the number of missed calls could remain displayed in the Phone app.
- Fixed an issue where the “Cellular Data” setting could be incorrectly displayed as inactive.
- Fixed an issue that prevented dark mode from being turned off when the “Smart Reverse” option was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where charging could be slower than expected with some wireless chargers.
Ready to upgrade?