Be sure to use a BBQ sauce that has no added sugars. I used Primal Kitchen’s Golden BBQ Sauce which has only 1 gram of sugar per 2 Tablespoons.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 Green Apples
- ⅓ cup natural BBQ sauce (avoid ones with added sugars)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 8 slices Turkey Bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Skin the sweet potatoes and slice into half-moons.
2. Lightly grease the bottom of a large slow cooker with coconut oil. Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. Saeed and dice the apples.
3. In a medium bowl combine the BBQ sauce, lemon juice and coconut sugar. Mix until fully incorporated and then stir in the apples.
4. Slice the turkey bacon strips in half, lengthwise to create 16 strips. Wrap each chicken breast with 4 strips and place in the slow cooker on top of the sweet potato.
5. Top the chicken with the BBQ-apple mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with a side of Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower!