When it comes to appetizers, our healthy diets can often fly out the window, which is why I really like these stuffed dates. While this is certainly a treat and not something to include in your daily diet, each date contains protein, fat and complex carbs. Additionally, these ingredients are wholesome and simple, not deep-fried, and not containing a laundry list of additives and fillers.
A word of advice: make a double batch! These disappear quickly…
INGREDIENTS (Serves 24)
- 12 bacon strips, uncured pork
- 24 Dates (get the kind with pits, these are softer)
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- 24 walnut halves
- 24 toothpicks
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bacon strips in half, width-wise.
2. Remove the seed from each date and stuff with a teaspoon of goat cheese and a walnut. Squish it together.
3. Wrap each stuffed date with a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on the prepared baking sheet. (You can store in the fridge up to a day once wrapped. It’s nice to make the day before your party!)
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is cooked through and crispy. Enjoy immediately!