With the calamari stuffed in the oven it is easy to bring to the table a tasty and rich recipe. It is yet another dish of fish easier to make than it looks and the result is a healthy and light dish that is perfect for any occasion.
From the daily family lunch to a dinner with friends, adding some crumbled olives will make it taste even more appetising! So here comes nothing…
- 4 large calamari (about 15 cm)
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 cups of fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Start to separate the head from the tentacles. Blanch the latter for 10 minutes in salted water and acid with a little ‘lemon juice, drain and chop together with parsley, garlic and anchovy fillets. Combine the mixture in a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, lightly beaten eggs, salt, pepper and mix well. At the end you will have to obtain a soft but quite substantial mixture.
2. With this filling stuff the calamari, taking care not to fill it too much to prevent it from coming out during cooking. Close the ends well with a wooden toothpick and place the calamari on a baking pan previously greased with oil. Sprinkle with oil and cook in a hot oven at 175 degrees for about 30 minutes.
3. After this time, remove the stuffed calamari in the oven, arrange them on a serving plate and serve.