Why keep on cooking beef in the same way? Why not to to add a new taste to it to make it more interesting? Try this- the apple adds a sweet-tart taste to this healthy meal!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp. avocado or coconut oil
- 450g grass-fed ground beef (mine was 85% lean)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 250g shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic apple, peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt
HOW TO PREPARE
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until it starts to caramelise, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the chopped apple to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes, and then stir in the lemon juice.
- Cook for another minute or so before seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.