The breaded courgettes stuffed with cheese enclose a stringy provolone heart and are fried. Crunchy on the outside and soft inside these breaded courgettes flavoured with oregano are a tasty meal!
• 200 g of provolone
• 2 eggs
• fresh oregano
• seed oil for frying
HOW TO PREPARE
- To make the breaded courgettes filled with cheese, start washing, drying and checking the courgettes.
- With the aid of a mandolin, cut them into slices, not too thick, along the length. Add salt and let them rest for about an hour, so that they lose excess water.
- After this time, dry them with absorbent kitchen paper. Then take a slice of courgette and sprinkle with the leaves of fresh oregano, place a slice of provolone of a slightly smaller size on top and cover with another slice of courgette.
- Mash well this sort of sandwich you got, pass it in the flour and then in the beaten eggs with a pinch of salt.
- After having dipped it in the egg, pass it in the breadcrumbs and seal it well.
- Continue in the same way until all the ingredients are used up.
- Fry each zucchini and cheese sandwich in hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Drain from oil and transfer to absorbent paper to remove excess grease.
- Salt if necessary and immediately serve the breaded courgettes stuffed with cheese.