Very tasty especially if covered with a chocolate glaze, the cookies in the form of a carnival masks, to be prepared with children, are ideal if you plan to organise a party at home. Not to mention that they are a perfect dessert for the whole family’s breakfast.
Let’s see together, step by step, how to prepare cookies in the form of a carnival masks:
- 250 gr of flour
- 120 g of butter
- 1 egg and 1 egg
- 100 gr of sugar
- The grated rind of half a lemon
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- To start with, grate the lemon peel and take the butter out of the fridge.
- Put the flour and sugar in a bowl, arrange the fountain and then add the butter, the egg, the yolk and, little by little, all the other ingredients.
- Make sure you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture and then wrap it in the foil and place it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- After this time, roll out the dough with a rolling pin: the height should be about half a centimeter.
- To make the mask you need two types of round pastry rings: one large and one small to create the mask’s eyes.
- With the larger cutter, make two circles for each template: make sure that they are pointed at the top. With the smaller cutter instead of drawing the eyes and with a toothpick stretch outwards.
- As an alternative, use cookie masks in the form of a carnival mask.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven at 160 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Wait for it to cool and then melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Decorate the biscuits with the chocolate, sprinkle with the colored hundreds and thousands, and let them dry.