The unique race is organised by Agones Sfc in collaboration with the Ghaxaq Local Council and with the support of Eurosport Malta, Go&Fun, Garmin Malta and 1927 Restaurant.
There will be 3 events. A competitive 5km race, a 2.5km Fun Run/Walk and a 1km Kids Run. We encourage all participants to wear a carnival themed outfit although this is not obligatory.
The 5km Race:
• The 5km race (2 loops of 2.5km) will be a competitive race, with prizes for the first 3 males and first 3 females as well as the first male and female placed in the respective age group categories.
• All participants will get a finishers medal as well and other goodies.
• There will also be a special award for the most original outfit. Part of the proceedings will go to The Inspire Foundation and The Malta Hospice Movement.
The 2.5km Fun Run/Walk & 1km Kids Run:
• The 2.5km Fun Run/Walk will be free of charge. Donations will be collected upon collection of Bib/Race Number and on Race day.
• All proceedings from the Fun run/walk and Kids run will go towards The Inspire Foundation and The Malta Hospice Movement.
• Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- 9.00am Entertainment
- 9.30am Group Warm up
- 9.50am Race Briefing
- 10.00am the 5km Run
- 10.05am the 2.5km Fun/Walk Run
- 10.45am the 1km Kids Run
- 11.00am the presentation
Race venue: Ghaxaq Main Square
Race start: 10.00am
Starting list can be found HERE. Please make sure your name is on the list
- Number collection: Numbers/Bibs of all the participants (5km, 2.5km and 1km Runs) must be collected from Eurosport, B’Kara, Level 2 on;
- Thursday 28th February 2019 from 5.00pm until 7.00pm and Friday 1st March 5.00pm until 7.00pm.
- Any participant, friend or relative can pick up a participant’s number from Eurosport upon presentation of a valid document.
- Id Card Number or Photo of the document is enough. No need to bring the Id Card itself.
- No numbers will be handed out on race day.
- Race Numbers: Numbers must be fixed on the front of your running top for the race. Numbers cannot be bent or made smaller. PLEASE, do not remove the timing chip from the number.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is strictly forbidden to swap, change or sell your number to other participants. Participants caught breaking this rule will be disqualified.
- Water Station: There will be a water station at the finishing line.
- Race briefing: A short race briefing will take place 10 minutes before the start. Once the briefing has taken place, you are required to be in the starting area. Race can start any time after the briefing.
- A 1-minute signal will be given prior to the start. Proposed race route can be viewed HERE
- 5km Race Participants will do 2 loops 2.5km. Marshalling: The route will be marshalled by Police and Helpers and closed to traffic. Having said all this, please be careful. This is a new route so residents may not be used to running races in their area.
- Parking:Please note that due to the large number of participants, there will be a limited amount of parking, so we encourage car pooling and suggest that you make your way to the event as early as possible not to be disappointed.