This recipe takes a basic hummus recipe and mixes it up with cauliflower! It’s surprisingly good.
Dip cucumber, carrots, celery, pepper strips and even fruit!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- ⅛ cup water (2-3 tbsp)
- 5 tbsp olive oil, separated 1½ tsp sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, separated ¼ cup tahini 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- More water as needed
- (optional: sesame seeds for garnish)
HOW TO PREPARE
- Steam the cauliflower until it’s soft: you can do this in a microwave or in a steamer on a stovetop.
- Stovetop: Place the cauliflower, water, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp sea salt, and 2 whole garlic cloves in covered pan on low heat and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring/checking frequently.
- Microwave: place the same ingredients in a covered dish and microwave 10-12 minutes.
- Next, place the softened cauliflower in a high-speed blender and add the tahini paste, 1 garlic clove, tahini, 2-3 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp sea salt and lemon juice.
- Blend until it reaches the texture of hummus. You might have to scrape the sides to incorporate all the cauliflower. If it’s too thick, add a little more water. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Place in a bowl and, if desired, drizzle a little more olive oil over the top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.