Will you be hosting Christmas lunch this year? Here goes a dessert which will keep your hearts warm and your bellies full. Healthy and full of taste…
400g dried chestnuts
25g drinking chocolate
a pinch of cinnamon
a pinch of clove
zest an orange
zest of a lemon
750g sweet pastry
HOW TO PREPARE
- Cover chestnuts with plenty of water for 10 hrs.
- Place the chestnuts in a pan, add water and simmer until soft.
- Pass them through a sieve, so the water will pass.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Line small tart tins with pastry and fill with chestnut mixture.
- Decorate with pastry strips over the filling.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes.