This easy-to-make casserole is packed with the protein and veggies needed to fuel your fitness results. Feel free to modify the veggies used in this recipe. Add in whatever veggies you have on hand and enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 300g ground chicken breast or turkey
- 4 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole pan with olive oil.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil spray. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the squash and zucchini and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and ½ teaspoon of both the onion and garlic powder.
- Once tender, transfer the veggies from the skillet into the prepared casserole pan.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and coat with olive oil spray. Add the ground chicken or turkey and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and the remaining ½ teaspoon of both the onion and garlic powder. Cook, stirring often, until no pink remains. Add to the prepared casserole pan.
- Pour the egg whites over the veggies and meat in the casserole. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until the edges have set and the top has browned.
- Feel free to garnish with a sprinkle of cheese, diced tomato and fresh parsley. Cut and serve. Enjoy!