The days are getting colder, time to wear our warm jumpers and cook heart warming food such as Chicken broth! Whilst it might be one of the simplest recipes, some of us have no idea how to do it. So here it goes!
- 1 chicken
- 1 turnip sliced
- sliced celery
- 2 medium diced potatoes
- 50g small star shapes pasta
For the stuffing:
- 600g fresh bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh milk
- salt and pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Clean the chicken thoroughly in cold water. Remove as much fat as you can.
- Add thyme, parsley, and breadcrumbs. Stir in egg and enough milk to make dressing moist. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon stuffing into chicken cavity, close by sew or use cocktail sticks.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine turnip, potatoes and the chicken.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to a very slow but steady one. Simmer until the chicken is though.
- Carefully remove the chicken into an oven dish.
- Add the stars pasta and cook about 8 minutes.