This is a quick and healthy recipe for all the family to enjoy. Serve this jambalaya over wholemeal rice, cauliflower rice, sweet potato or spaghetti squash to make sure it keeps the calories low!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6)
- 450g boneless chicken, cut into tenders
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 chicken sausages, chopped
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
HOW TO PREPARE
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the skillet, cooking until done. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the peppers, onion, celery and garlic to the pan and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add the chopped sausage and cook till the veggies are soft.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and spices, lower the heat slightly and allow to simmer.
- While that’s cooking, chop up the chicken and add to the sauce and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, and serve!