Here’s a flavourful and exciting way to start your day! Chorizo, eggs, tomatoes and arugula are the star ingredients in this protein filled breakfast skillet. Feel free to enjoy it for dinner or lunch as well!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 2 links chorizo, casing removed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 435gr can diced tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup rucola
- sea salt
- black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the chorizo links in a medium, oven-proof, skillet over low heat. Cook until all sides of the chorizo are browned. Periodically deglaze the pan with water. Allow the chorizo to cool, remove it from the skillet, and then slice each link into 10 pieces.
- Sauté the onion in the leftover chorizo fat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes to the skillet. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes and slices of chorizo around the edge of the skillet. Use a spoon to create for 2-inch wells in the tomato and egg mixture. Crack each egg into a ramekin and gently pour one egg into each well.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are set. Top with fresh arugula and season with sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy!