Potatoes, apples, oranges and tangerines can be used for the preparation of delicious recipes. This can also be said for the leaves of celery, fennel, and artichokes: what we call “scraps” in the kitchen. They are not scraps at all and can be reused for get broths, stews, sauces, sauces and much more.
So let’s see how to reuse apple skins to prepare a delicious sauce to taste with grilled vegetables:
- 500 gr of organic apple peels
- 100/150 ml of vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 large shallots
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 nail of Carnation
- 2 leaves of Salvia
- 2 juniper berries
- Wash the skins and place them in a saucepan with the lemon peel cut into small pieces, broth, spices, juniper and sage. Lower the heat to the boil and cook.
- Meanwhile, chop the shallots and put them in a pan with the oil and the same amount of water, salt them lightly and let them flavor over medium heat, stirring.
- Raise the heat and let the liquid evaporate, stir the mixture to the skins and pass it with the immersion blender, add the lemon juice and salt.
- Use the sauce to season stewed beans or grilled vegetables.