Looking for a fun and different side dish? Here you go!
This pairs well with spicy shrimp or chicken. You also can kick this up a notch by adding ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- 1 2-pound head of cauliflower, washed, trimmed, and chopped into florets
- 1½ cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, cashew or coconut)
- 1 tbsp coconut, avocado or olive oil
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast OR ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Depending on the size of your food processor, place about half of the cauliflower into the bowl and pulse until it breaks down into rice-sized grains. Remove and repeat until all the cauliflower has been minced.
- Place in a medium saucepan along with the milk, oil, ½ tsp salt and several generous “grinds” of pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stirring frequently, simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the mixture is smooth and looks like grits.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast or the cheese.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed.