A very tasty fried dessert, ideal for a delicious and healthy snack: preparing homemade doughnuts will allow you to provide your children with a food made with selected ingredients, without preservatives.
With a tasty filling of jam, custard or hazelnut, the doughnuts are delicious and irresistible sprinkled with powdered sugar. Soft and delicate, they are easy to prepare and are a really tasty idea for children’s snacks. They are a classic among the fried desserts, prepared everywhere at any time of the year. Some even call them ‘Cream Bombs’ when they have a cream filling!
Here is the recipe to prepare delicious stuffed doughnuts at home:
- 500 gr of flour or spelled
- 60 gr of brown sugar
- 70 grams of margarine
- 1 organic lemon
- 100 ml of water
- 25 gr of brewer’s yeast
- 4 grams of salt
- 50 gr of powdered sugar
- 1 l of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Jam or cream
- Melt the yeast in lukewarm water, add 30 gr of sugar and leave for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, pour the melted yeast, salt, the rest of the granulated sugar, margarine and start to knead.
- Grate the lemon rind on the dough and continue to knead until you get an elastic loaf. Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours. After this time, the dough will be doubled.
- At the end of the two hours, place the dough on a floured surface and flatten it. Flour again and then work the dough with a rolling pin to obtain a thickness of one centimeter.
- With the help of a cutter, make some discs of about 7 cm in diameter. Knead the remaining scraps so as to use all the dough and get more discs.
- Store the disks on a floured surface, cover with the cloth and let rise for another hour.
- After this time, pour the oil in a pan, let it heat and then pour the first disc of dough. If you notice that it swells and turns on its own then it means that you can proceed with frying.
- Fry the doughnuts and then drain the oil on a sheet of paper towels, fill them with jam, custard or hazelnut according to your taste and then sprinkle with icing sugar.
IDEAS FOR PREPARING FILLED DOUGHNUTS: