Now that I have made this homemade mayonnaise, I will never buy mayonnaise at the store again. This is so much easy! I can honestly make it in 3 minutes. You just need 5 ingredients you already have in your kitchen, a hand immersion blender and a wide mouth pint size mason jar.
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 large egg (organic, and as fresh as possible)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a wide mouth pint mason jar, add all the ingredients.
- Insert the immersion blender all the way to the bottom, trapping the egg yolk within the blade. Blend on high.
- Leave the immersion blender on the bottom for about 20-30 seconds, until the whole bottom is white. Then slowly lift it up.
- Continue blending until the mixture has thickened to your desired amount. The whole blending process should take about 1-1.5 minutes.
- Taste for flavour. Feel free to add more salt or lemon juice if preferred.
- Store in the pint mason jar. Will keep refrigerated for about 2 weeks. Just check for spoilage.