A restaurant favorite … all the taste you want, but with the wholesome, healthy ingredients of a home-cooked meal.
- 6-inch skewers
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails removed.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the eggs in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine coconut and lime.
- Dip each shrimp into the eggs and then coat with the coconut/lime mixture.
- Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer (you might have to double up on one or two skewers, depending on shrimp count).
- Place the skewers on the wire rack and broil for 2 minutes. Flip the skewers over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! Bonus recipe below. 🙂
- Orange Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup no-sugar, juice-sweetened orange marmalade
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- Dash of sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.