A fire broke out at Sydney International Airport. Reports state that the fire started from a ‘robot’ someone tried to bring through security.
Travellers were ordered to leave Terminal 1 after a small blaze near the security screening area.
Security guards at the airport said the fire started from a Lithium Polymer battery that was dropped and started to smoke. It’s believed the battery had come from a robotics conference taking place in the city.
Acrid smoke could be seen through the main shopping duty free area of the terminal, as fire crews worked to put out the small blaze.
Delays are expected even though the fire has since been put out.