Who doesn’t love pancakes? Here’s a recipe that you can enjoy guilt free. These pancakes are packed with protein and contain omega-3 fatty acid from the flax meal.
Omega-3 fatty acids are not manufactured naturally in your body, and thus must come from your diet as they are essential for growth and development.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ½ cup whole grain cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Sliced banana *optional*
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bake on a 350-degree griddle lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Serve with sliced banana (optional).