If you love bread, I bet you love the French baguette. Soft, pleasant to eat both sliced and to make croutons or sandwiches. It’s easy, very easy, to prepare at home, if you follow our recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 10 baguette)
- 600 gr of spelled flour
- 250 ml of water
- 200 gr of mother yeast
- 5 grams of salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix the yeast with water in a bowl and add the honey.
- Add the flour and continue to knead.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and work it for 8-10 minutes, form a ball and place it in a bowl. Let rise for at least 4-5 hours.
- Transfer it to the work surface, add the salt dissolved in a little warm water and knead again.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal cakes.
- Roll them with your hands to give them the shape of the baguettes. Then, let the baguettes rest on a fan-folded sheet (to keep them apart) covered with another sheet for at least 6 hours.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Transfer the baguettes on a baking sheet and with a blade made 3 oblique cuts on each.
- Cook for at least 10 minutes and then lower the oven to 180°C and continue to cook for another 30/40 minutes.