Everyone needs a fun, friendly way for kids to play with food. These rich bites are nutty and yummy…. and hell we all need some sweetness right now, don’t we?
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Toppings: chopped peanuts, toasted sweetened shredded coconut and/or coloured hundreds and thousands
- Cut each banana crosswise into 6 pieces (about 1 in.).
- Insert a toothpick into each piece; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip banana pieces in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Dip in toppings as desired; return to baking sheet.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving.