This protein packed pasta is combined with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion and some tangy, creamy feta cheese. Then I top it with a simple, bright vinaigrette seasoned with lemon, oregano and garlic.
This salad would be great to bring a long to a picnic or BBQ and makes a great light lunch or dinner.
- 200 gr dry black bean pasta 2.25 cup dry
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers I like the crunchy Persian Cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata black olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
Cook pasta according to the directions. I find it cooks pretty fast, so start to check it after just 5 minutes, once its al dente, you can drain it.
Transfer strained pasta in a large bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes. While that is happening, you can make the dressing.
In a small spouted glass cup (or mason jar) combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Add all the veggies and the cheese to the cooled pasta. Pour the dressing over the pasta and gently mix it all together. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!