Have you ever heard of Monkey Salad before? It’s a weird name for a fun fruit-and-nut salad that contains bananas.
This makes a great snack for anyone – kids really love it! – and you can customize it to suit whatever you have on hand.
Swap out the nuts, change the fruits, experiment with different nut butters … it’s all good (and delicious!).
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup of berries or sliced apple
- ¼ cup cashews, pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 1 tbsp almond or other nut butter
- (optional) 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- (optional) Sprinkling of sea salt
- (optional) Drizzle of honey
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!