The products on the market highly appreciated by our cats, may contain preservatives and other ingredients that in some pets can trigger allergies or intolerances. Preparing their food at home will allow you to provide your four-legged friends with a genuine food, saving considerably even on costs.
And how about preparing an appetizing paté at home? Choose the fish and follow, step by step, the recipe that we propose. To avoid wasting time and money, prepare a good quantity and store it in jars that you will ration over the months or for “special occasions”.
INGREDIENTS (for 10-12 jars)
- 400/500gr of fish
- 3 rice punches
- 1 courgette (or other spinach type vegetables)
- 1 carrot
- Wash the vegetables and then boil them in a large pot: as soon as the water in the pot comes to a boil, add the fish.
- Cook for about half an hour and then add the rice and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool and then whisk everything finely, adding the oil at the end.
- With a spoon, fill all the jars and close them perfectly.
- Place all the jars in another pot with enough water to cover about 3/4 of the jars. Turn the heat on low heat and bring to a boil. From the moment the water boils, leave 15 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Put a lid and let it cool completely without touching. Once cooled, dry the jars, (always checking that they are tightly closed) and store them in the fridge or pantry.