We love pies and when we have the time for it, we love making our own puff pastry!
So now that most of us have a LOT of time on our hands… here is an easy recipe for homemade puff pastry.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter (2 1/2 sticks), cold
- 1/2 cup cold water
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut the cold butter into 1/4-inch slices and add to the flour mixture, tossing to coat.
- Stir in the cold water until a thick dough forms.
- Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disk-shape, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 1 hour in the fridge, or 20 to 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Unwrap the dough, dust the work surface with flour, and roll the dough into a rough rectangle shape.
- Fold the dough in thirds, like a letter.
- Turn 90 degrees, roll and fold again.
- Repeat about 2 to 4 times, wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- USe it for pies, sausage rolls and more!