To be honest, I didn’t know what ingredients went into making honey mustard sauce, but I had a hunch they probably were not super clean. And so, instead of putting them off the menu, I perfected homemade clean recipes…
Ok, on with the recipe… Enjoy!
- 7 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process for 10 seconds.
- Open the lid, stir the ingredients and process again.
- Repeat until honey mustard sauce is creamy and ingredients are well blended.
The addition of fresh thyme will give your honey mustard sauce a more gourmet and “grown up” taste, but it is a totally optional ingredient.