We all know that feeling of wanting to taste something which we find ridiculously priced and so refuse to pay its worth just to taste it. Well, this happened to Samantha Eborn.
She is among the many who were disappointed with the price of the new KFC and Pizza Hut popcorn chicken pizza – but she found a way to enjoy it for a fraction of the cost.
Here’s a look at how you can make one for yourself as well:
- 400g strong white bread flour
- 225ml warm water
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bag of chicken nuggets
- Mild cheddar
- Preheat your oven at gas mark eight for 15 minutes.
- First mix the water, oil, sugar and yeast together in a large bowl and leave for about 10 minutes – this gives the yeast time to get to work.
- Then add the flour and salt. Once it has a dough-like consistency knead for five to ten minutes until smooth. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Follow the directions on the gravy box for one portion, and leave to cool.
- Cook the entire bag of chicken nuggets and chop into quarters – feel free to test that they taste okay.
- Once the dough has proved, roll it out and put it in a baking tin. If you’re feeling fancy you could make a stuffed crust by putting some cheese strings around the edge of the base and folding the dough over the top. Voila.
- Pop into the open for 15 minutes without any toppings to make sure it bakes evenly.
- Then add the cold gravy, half the cheese, the nuggets, and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Put it back in the oven until the cheese is golden, then slice and enjoy!