With a delicate, very fragrant and very soft taste, the lemon cake is perfect to start the day in the right way, in a healthy and genuine way, even better if accompanied by an orange juice or a cup of tea.
Simple and quick to prepare, the lemon cake is also perfect to be filled. However, when choosing lemons, use organic ones as the recipe also requires the use of skins.
To make the lemon cake soft and spongy, the secret is to whisk the eggs with the sugar for a long time and halve the usual doses of flour to introduce the potato starch. Let’s see the recipe:
- 150 grams of flour
- 150 grams of potato starch
- 120 grams of sugar
- 1 jar of yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- Juice rind 1 lemon
- Grate the lemon rind and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar for a very long time, at least 7/10 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, salt and zest with the lemon juice.
- Add the sifted flour and starch and finally the yeast. Line a cake pan and pour the dough.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled you can decorate it or make it according to your taste.