Prepared without butter and milk and therefore perfect for those who are lactose intolerant, the lemon cake, soft, delicate and very fragrant, is perfect to start the day in the right way.
And not only… the lemon cake is also a non-waste sweet as it allows you to recover the egg whites from other preparations. According to your taste, enrich the dough with almonds, hazelnuts or chocolate chips.
Let’s see, step by step, how to prepare this delicious cake.
- 220 grams of flour
- 120 grams of sugar
- 120 grams of sunflower oil
- 100 ml of water
- 50 ml of lemon juice
- 1 packet of yeast
- 3 egg whites
- The peel of a grated lemon
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff in a bowl, with a few drops of 50 ml of lemon juice.
- Pour water, lemon juice and oil into another bowl. Add the flour slowly and stir until the mixture is smooth, homogeneous and without lumps.
- Grate the lemon peel and incorporate it into the mixture. Also add the yeast and the whipped egg whites until stiff: proceed slowly with circular movements from the bottom upwards so as not to disassemble the mixture.
- Bake at 160 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Since the preparation of the cake also requires the use of the peel and not just the pulp, make sure that the lemons are organic.