Yes finally after all this time, Malta is next on YouTube’s list for their Partnership Program. In the past months this had been mentioned as being in the works and now it has finally been given a date. We had a hint of this last year as YouTube launched a Malta specific domain for youtube and hinted their future plans.
Parliamentary Secretary for Digital Innovation Silvio Schembri said in a tweet that the Maltese will now be paid for their artistic work uploaded on YouTube like any other European. Another step towards offering further opportunities in the tech industry.
YouTube is quite strict on their applicants and rules and it can take up to a month or more for your application to get accepted. YouTube outlines some basic minimum requirements which are listed hereunder so be sure you have all in line before applying.
- Follow all the YouTube Partner Program policies.
- Live in a country or region where the YouTube Partner Program is available. (YESSSSS!)
- Have more than 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Have more than 1,000 subscribers.
- Have a linked AdSense account.
Well anyway for all those of you who qualify with the minimum requirements it should be a walk in the park, remember to save the date (14th March 2019) and get ready to fill in your application