Mediterranean Rice Salad Bowl is a simple, fast cold Italian summer salad recipe. Full of veggies, tuna and fresh herbs. Healthy & Delicious.
- 1 1/4 cups dry Rice 230 grams
- 1 can tuna drained (3 – 4 ounces / 85 – 115 grams
- 1 small jar artichokes under oil drained and sliced
- 15-20 black olives sliced
- 4-5 mini hot dogs sliced
- 1 small can sweet corn drained and rinse(approximately 2/3 cup or 140 grams
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and Italian parsley to taste
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon oregano 1/2 – 3/4 gram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste 1.4 grams
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil 26 – 39 grams
- mayonnaise if desired
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook rice al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl gently mix together tuna, artichokes, olives, hot dogs, corn chopped basil and parsley, oregano and salt. Gently fold in rice and olive oil.
In Summer you can refrigerate for 2 hours and serve. If it’s cold, you can eat it right there and then!
Serve mayonnaise on the side. Enjoy!