The milk sandwiches are tasty morsels that can be filled in a thousand different ways: ideal for a genuine breakfast or a tasty and healthy snack for children.
Soft and easy to prepare, the milk sandwiches are ideal to bring to your table as a nutritious breakfast or a healthy and genuine snack. In fact, the choice is yours whether to taste them with a lot of good homemade jams or if to stuff them with grilled cheeses and vegetables.
In fact, the milk sandwiches are also ideal if you plan to organise a picnic at the park with the children or with friends. And with the same dough it is also possible to prepare different delicious variations with chocolate or raisins
Let’s take a look at the recipe: for the preparation you can use the sourdough or the brewer’s yeast.
- 500 g of wholemeal flour
- 70 gr of raisins
- 70 gr of chocolate chips
- 1 cube of brewer’s yeast (or 150 gr of sourdough )
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- A cup of milk
- A spoonful of honey
- For starters, heat the milk with honey and melt the brewer’s yeast. If you use the sourdough proceed in the same way.
- Soak the raisins in a glass of water, place the flour in a fountain on a work surface, pour the milk with honey, dissolved yeast and oil. Work the mixture until a smooth and homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Allow the dough to double until doubled: it will vary depending on whether you have used yeast or sourdough.
- Once the necessary time has passed, divide the dough into three parts: a simple one, one in which to incorporate the raisins and one in which to insert the chocolate drops.
- Divide each dough into 4 sandwiches (12 in total) and then let them rise on the bake pan for about an hour.
- Turn on the oven at 180° and cook: stuff the milk rolls according to your tastes.