A mum died in her flat of suspected coronavirus a day after calling 999 and being told to look after herself at home, it has been reported. Paramedics rushed to Kayla Williams’s address after the 36-year-old suffered a cough, high fever and had severe chest and stomach pains.

And documents seen by The Guardian allegedly confirm paramedics in Peckham, south London, were treating her as a suspected Covid-19 case. Despite carrying out some tests, the medics decided not to take the mother-of-three to hospital, it is claimed. But her condition deteriorated and she died in the flat the next day – Saturday March 21.

Kayla’s devastated husband Fabian, 49, said: “I called 999 because my wife was breathless, she was vomiting and she had pains in her stomach.

“As I was talking to them she was getting worse and they told me to put her on the floor and to make her body flat. She [the paramedic] told me the hospital won’t take her, she is not a priority. She did not stay very long and she went outside to write her report and posted it through the door.”

Ambulance crews were unable to revive the mum after she slumped unconscious on Saturday. Fabian, who is a refuse collector, said police arrived that day but would not enter his flat.

“They stood on the doorstep and would not come in when I asked them to,” the grief-stricken dad continued.

A funeral director and undertaker wore full forensic suits with full masks, visors and gloves to access Kayla’s body.

Documents seen by The Guardian completed by the London ambulance service after their first visit show Kayla Williams was suffering from “Cov 19”. Symptoms were listed as: “non-productive cough … headache … chest pains all over”.

And a spokesperson for the London ambulance service told the publication: “We were called at 8.32am on Friday 20 March to reports of a person unwell at an address in Peckham. Our clinicians treated a patient and advised them to call back if their condition changed. We were called the following day at 3.24pm and sent a number of resources, with our first medics arriving in under seven minutes. Sadly, the patient had died. Our sympathy is with the family at this time. “We are working incredibly hard in these unprecedented times to look after Londoners.”

Source: MirrorUK