Don’t you love recipes that require virtually no work and very little cleanup? This one comes together fast, and there’s just one pan!
Serve with a side of guacamole, some black beans and you’ve got a quick, healthy weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large yellow and red bell peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into tender-sized slices
- 1 lime, juiced
- Your choice of toppings: salsa, avocado, goat cheese, pepitas
HOW TO PREPARE
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and preheat the broiler to high
- Mix the chili powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, toss the peppers and onions with 1 tbsp of oil and place on the baking sheet. Season with half of the chili powder mixture. Broil for about 10 minutes, until they are soft and starting to char.
- Toss the chicken with the remaining spice mixture and 1 tbsp oil. Add to the baking sheet with the charred veggies, and broil for 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and beginning to brown. Drizzle with the lime juice and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove the oven and put on a serving platter, with your choice of toppings.