Better known as Shrove Tuesday. This is the day in February or March immediately preceding Ash Wednesday, which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes!
So what better way to celebrate this at home other than cooking your own pancakes? We will be sharing our best pancake recipe today so you can get all the necessary ingredients ahead of the day! You can always purchase them if you don’t feel like cooking, but nothing beats homemade! We all know that, right!?
I mean we got the best fluffy pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes…ever! So here is how to cook perfect pancakes:
- 2 cups all purpose / plain flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (plus up to 1/4 cup extra if needed)
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth (there may be a couple of lumps but that’s okay). The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too thick – doesn’t pour off the ladle or out of the measuring cup smoothly – fold a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency.
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with whatever your heart desires!