Pangoccioli are very soft milk rolls with chocolate chips. They are a healthy and tasty snack for children. It combines their desire for good things and the genuineness that mothers are looking for. You can obviously get them from any supermarket, but definitely nothing beats preparing them at home, knowing there is nothing else added to them!
Preparing them at home is very easy. You can also do it once a week and store inside the paper used to wrap the bread. In this way they will remain soft and soft even for five days (if you can not eat them all before)!
Here’s how to prepare them at home, in two tasty versions: classic chocolate and stuffed with pistachio grains .
- 300 gr of manitoba flour
- 200 grams of 00 flour
- 300 gr of milk
- 25 gr of brewer’s yeast
- 50 gr of sugar
- 50 g of butter
- Chocolate drops (or chopped pistachios or oatmeal)
- Heat the milk with the sugar, then put it in a small bowl and melt the yeast.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, soften the butter and add the milk, sugar and yeast mixture. Work until a very soft and sticky dough is obtained.
- Let rise in a warm and covered place for about an hour (even near a radiator or in the oven with the light on).
- After this time, divide the dough into two parts: the chocolate chips in one, the pistachio grain in the other.
- Form many balls of the size of a walnut (rise a lot) and then put them on the oven plate on top of the parchment paper.
- Let rise for 2 hours and then bake at 160 degrees for 20/25 minutes.