Three persons were taken to Mater Dei Hospital overnight, suffering slight injuries due to fire in their apartment in Gżira.

The incident occurred at Rue d’Argent Gżira at around 3.30am. Police spokesman said two women and a man were taken to Mater Dei. The same spokesman confirmed that the fire developed from the electricity meter in the same apartment.

Members of the Civil Protection as well as an ambulance immediately went on site to assist residents of the apartment as well as help shed the fire. The three people suffering slight injuries seem to have swallowed some smoke.

Fire engine
Image: Net News