Every now and then we enjoy experimenting with new recipes, both sweet and savoury. The potato and almond cake, is one that has generated surprise and amazement. And do you know why? For its magic ingredient: potatoes. Able to make this cake really soft. With a strong taste thanks to the presence of almonds, you can not imagine the scent of lemon emanating the potato cake! Here at home it’s over in no time: it’s really impossible to resist and we’re sure your potato and almond cake will not stay long in the kitchen!
But let’s move to action. Let’s see together, step by step, how to prepare this wonderful dessert:
INGREDIENTS (for 6-8 people)
- 700gr of potatoes
- 130gr of sugar
- 70gr of almonds
- 30gr of butter
- 1 untreated lemon
- 5 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Powdered sugar
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes, steam for about 15 minutes. As soon as they are soft, mash them with a potato masher and place them in a large bowl.
- Blend the almonds with the sugar until a thin flour is obtained, then add them to the potatoes. Add the melted butter, a pinch of salt and the grated lemon peel.
- Stir and mix with the electric whisk at medium speed, adding one egg at a time, until a well blended mixture is obtained.
- Grease and sprinkle with breadcrumbs a round hinge mold of 24 cm in diameter, and pour the dough. Continue cooking in the oven at 180°C for about an hour.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving: according to your taste, consider decorating it with a pinch of powdered sugar .
- As an alternative to almonds, you can use walnuts.
- For a more decisive taste, add 10ml of rum and a teaspoon of vanilla powder to the dough.