Crispy and tasty, much loved by adults and children. Potato chips are quick and easy to prepare as well as ideal if you plan to organise an aperitif at home with friends. For this time we leave the potato chips on the shelves of the supermarket and have fun preparing them at home with the children.
Here’s the recipe, the choice is yours whether to fry the chips or enjoy them in a light version cooked in the oven:
- 5 potatoes
- Salt (enough)
- Seed oil for frying (as required)
- Peel and wash the potatoes, dry them and then cut them into very thin slices. To get the crunchy effect it is essential that the chips are very thin.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then, gradually, dip the potato slices, cook and then, as soon as they are golden, remove them from the oil and place them on a plate covered with kitchen paper.
- Salt the chips according to your taste.
- As an alternative to frying, you can opt for baking in the oven. In this case, it will be sufficient to arrange the chips cut into thin slices on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 180 degrees until they are golden brown. Before putting the chips in, salt them.