This is the TASTIEST way to prepare oatmeal that includes powerful protein to fuel your day! You can make this a few days ahead and store in the fridge for easy, grab-n-go breakfasts.
The quality and flavour of the protein powder that you use will impact both the flavour and consistency of your oatmeal, so choose wisely!
What you need (Serves 4)
- 1¾ cups milk (any kind)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- a generous sprinkle of sea salt
- a generous sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- a generous sprinkle of coconut sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup whole pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 Banana, peeled and sliced into half moons
In a medium pot, bring the milk to a simmer. Add the oats, salt and cinnamon and simmer until thickened.
Remove from heat. Mix in the coconut sugar and protein powder. If it’s too thick, stir in a splash of milk, until a pleasant, creamy consistency is reached.
Stir in the pecans and bananas. Divide into bowls and garnish each portion with an additional sprinkle of sea salt, cinnamon, coconut sugar, pecans and sliced banana. Enjoy!