If you’re the person in the house responsible to cook dinner, am sure that you often complain that you have no idea what to cook. I know I do! And if you do not, you’re blessed and we would appreciate if you would share your recipes with us! We will credit your work on our website!
Anyway, today we will be trying this new recipe. Look good on pictures and I think it will be a good meal for a cold wintry day!
The risotto with pumpkin and mushrooms is a dish tasty and nourishing… perfect in this cold season. This recipe is simple and quick to prepare and will please everyone, big and small. The pumpkin makes this creamy and enveloping risotto, and cheese will enhance the flavour. A perfect dish for all occasions!
So, let’s see how we can do this…
- Boil the pumpkin cut into pieces in salted water until it becomes soft.
- Clean and chop the mushrooms. In a non-stick pan heat 3 tablespoons of oil and the clove of whole garlic then pour the mushrooms. Season with salt and cook for about 10 minutes, then remove the garlic.
- Chop the shallot, celery and carrot and sauté in a pan with the oil. Add the rice, toast it and then add a ladle of boiling broth. Halfway through cooking, add the roughly squashed pumpkin. Continue cooking by adding the broth when needed.
- Stir the risotto with Fontina cheese, Parmesan cheese, a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour the risotto into the dishes and add the mushrooms and rosemary to the center.
If you try it, let us know!