This super-easy recipe is not only tasty but it will make preparing many of your other meals during the week a snap! That’s because when you’re done you’ll have several servings of chicken on-hand to toss into salads, serve with veggies, or eat as a snack!
- Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp each of chili powder and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp each of dried thyme and marjoram
- Whole chicken, neck and giblets removed
- Kosher or Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground black paper
HOW TO PREPARE
- Grease the inside of a large slow cooker with coconut oil. Make a few small balls of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker to make a rack for the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the spices. Using paper towels, pat the chicken dry, and then season it with salt and pepper, and then rub the spice mixture into the chicken. You can truss – or tie together – the chicken legs if you want, but it is not necessary.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, breast side up. Cook on high for 2½ to 3½ hours. You’ll know it’s done when the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker. If you prefer crispier skin, you can broil the chicken in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 5-10 minutes before carving.