Tired of eating the same breakfast every morning?! You now surely have more time for something more adventurous! These pancakes are to die for!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 10 Pancakes)
- 6 Eggs, room temperature and separated
- 60ml Milk
- 120g Plain Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a large bowl start by whisking the egg whites. When they are starting to form, add the sugar a little at a time and whisk till stiff peaks form (it is important that when you lift up the whisk the stiff peak that you lift up stays stiff and not drops down again)
- Slowly fold in the eggs 2 at a time. Then fold in the milk mixed with vanilla a little at a time.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour, sift a little at a time on top of the egg mixture and slowly fold it in.
- Heat a large pan with a teaspoon butter then lightly spread it and wipe it all around the pan.
- When cooking the pancakes keep the heat on lowest flame.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter and drop a spoonful of batter on to the pan on 2 or 3 different places depending how big your pan is then add another 2 scoops on top of the first one, so in all you are going to drop 3 scoops on top of each other.
- Drop 2 or 3 teaspoons of water depending if you are cooking 2 or 3 pancakes at the same time around the edges of the pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, turn over pancakes, drop teaspoons of water again, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After cooking a few pancakes you might need to add a little butter again, give it a slight wipe with the same tissue you used before.
- Serve with your favourite fruits, nutella, peanut butter or just butter and syrup. Enjoy!