The soy burger is easy, healthy and tasty. This is a vegan recipe that does not aim to be a substitute for classic meat burgers, but rather an alternative dish to offer not only to those who follow a vegetarian or vegan regime. Prepared with soy flakes, flaked potatoes and carrots these vegetable burgers are a balanced dish in nutritional intake.
• 2 heaped tablespoons of potato flakes
• 2 small carrots
• fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
• 1 pinch of smoked paprika
• extra virgin olive oil
• black pepper
HOW TO PREPARE:
- To make soy burgers, start to rehydrate the flakes. Bring a little water to a boil in a small saucepan, then add the soy flakes and let it soak for 10 minutes. Drain and remove as much water as possible by squeezing with a spoon.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl together with the potato flakes, carrots and chopped parsley, chopped chives, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix everything with a spoon.
- Form a burger on a work surface, or a baking pan, covered with parchment paper: use a pastry cutter of 8 cm in diameter and press a little of the prepared mixture inside.
- You will have to get 4 burgers of about 1.2 cm in height. Level the surface and pass them in the breadcrumbs, covering them evenly.
- Cook the burgers in a saucepan with a little oil until they are well browned on both sides. It will take around 8-10 minutes in all.
- Transfer the soy burgers to serving dishes and serve with a fresh salad to taste.