This recipe takes just 20 minutes from start to finish but tastes like it’s been simmering all day. You can substitute kale, escarole or your favourite “green” for the spinach in this tasty soup!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound spinach, washed and chopped
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained & rinsed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- (optional: crumbled goat cheese)
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp of the oil. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for about 15-30 seconds before stirring in the chopped spinach. Saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and beans, and then cover to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the beans are heated.
- Ladle into soup bowls and add optional 2 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese.