Really tasty, the sweet Carnival ravioli are a dessert much loved by children and are also easy to prepare. Stuffed with ricotta and cinnamon are also ideal for a snack.
Our grandmothers typically added to the cream cheese also a shot of sambuca and chocolate chips. We can make the cream cheese using the recipe that we prefer. Let’s see how to proceed together:
- 450 gr of flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- A teaspoon of bicarbonate
- A piece of grated citrus peel
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 400 gr of ricotta
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- Chocolate drops and a teaspoon of sambuca (according to your taste)
- Powdered sugar
- Prepare the dough of our ravioli by whipping eggs with sugar. We also add softened butter, flour, bicarbonate and citrus peel .
- We form a smooth and homogeneous mixture and let it rest in the fridge. Meanwhile, prepare the cream.
- To prepare the ricotta cream, mix all the ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer or the food processor until you get a soft and fluffy cream.
- We line a baking sheet with parchment paper and light the oven at 160 degrees.
- Resume the dough and spread it with a rolling pin helping us with a little ‘flour, we form many tries with the pastry or a glass and place in the center of each of them a tablespoon of cream.
- We fold the dough on itself and close the edges well by pushing with the back of the prongs of a fork.
- Bake at 160 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the sweet ravioli are golden.
- Alternatively, fry the ravioli in plenty of sunflower seed oil.